Sunday, August 11, 2013

Current Obsessions: California Adventure.

Confession: I used to constantly make fun of one of my closest friends (#sorrynotsorry) for wearing his stinky Birkenstocks circa high school with literally every outfit and to places where sandals are definitely not considered shoes (at least for dudes) until I shamed him so much that he was compelled to change into a less offensive shoe when he was around me. Fast forward a few years later, and I'm totally lusting for a pair of Birks of my own. (Trust me, he was the first to know of this new obsession as well as the first to support me.). And with the new ugly shoe resurgence (thanks Refinery 29 for this article) I'm feeling like I'm definitely not alone in the universe. So adding to my grunge wishlist will have to be a pair of black on black stocks. Now if only I had the modern Santa Monica compound to go with it - aren't they one and the same? File as one day.

UPDATE: Stop the presses, even more support of Birkenstocks has emerged!! ...feeling a little behind the trend at this moment. But really, I don't give two hoots. Hashtag time to go shopping.


[Images via: Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...