Saturday, August 11, 2012

Saturday Escape: Sicily.

Ortygia, in Syracuse | Salina, where the sirens tempted Odysseus 

Room 19 at Salina’s Capofaro Resort | Vineyards at Capofaro
Salina lighthouse | Cannoli via Antica Dolceria Bonajuto, Modica | A market

Although I'll be in the the Napa Valley in just about one week, there is another wine country that I've been dreaming of lately. The island of Sicily is one that I never got to visit when I was living in Italy, but it is one that is definitely on my list of places to visit ASAP. And after taking a look at those cannoli's and those truly legendary beaches, I can't imagine wanting to go anywhere else in the world. File as dreaming.


[Images via: Pinterest and Conde Nast Traveler]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...