Now that the holidays are here, it's always good to have a few simple bites to throw together when guests decide to drop by at the last minute (lately I have been one of those types of guests.) But still, you can never be too prepared when it comes to little treats whether they're meant for guests or just a savory midnight snack. These ricotta, walnut and pear crostini do just the trick and look rather fancy even though they just contain five easy to find ingredients. Keep reading after the jump to check out the full recipe (which is probably the easiest one I will ever post) and enjoy these next time you're in the mood for something quick and delicious. File as eat it up.
- Your favorite bread for crostini (you can never go wrong with a nice baguette or something French)
- Some extra virgin olive oil
- Ricotta cheese
- Thin pear slices
- Walnut pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Prepare the crostini by brushing them with olive oil toasting them in a 425 degree oven until lightly browned.
- Once cooled, divide the ricotta cheese among the crostini. A small spoonful will do if you're using a baguette. Top each piece with several ripe pear slices and some walnut pieces. Season with a touch of salt and pepper and drizzle with a bit of honey.
- Eat 'em up!
[Image and recipe via: Martha Stewart]