- 8 large eggs (serves 3-4)
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (Tabasco works)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Paprika, for garnish
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan, add enough cold water to cover them plus one inch(-ish.) Bring to a rolling boil. Remove pan from heat, cover and let stand 13 minutes. Drain the eggs and run them under cold water to cool them.
- While the eggs are resting, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, shallot and hot sauce in a medium bowl.
- Peel eggs and halve lengthwise. Remove the yolks, leaving the whites intact. Transfer the yolks to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture and season with salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Spoon the yolk mixture back into the whites. Sprinkle with paprika just before serving. Eat up!