Saturday, October 8, 2011

D&G Spring 2012.


Dolce and Gabbana, the brand, will always hold a special place in my little heart. At this time last year, it was the first fashion show that I was lucky enough to stalk outside of, on a stop in from traveling around Spain while on vacation from our Italian studies (now that was the life.) It was there that I first saw the petite Scott Schuman (of The Sartorialist) and Garance Dore having a little moment after he tripped on the sidewalk in front of me, while I had a mini heart attack. And there witnessing the gorgeous Robbie Myers, editor of American Elle, complaining to her assistant that the photographers dared to ask her to step aside so that they could take a picture of the more well-known Anna Wintour. Or where I recognized the latter woman being attacked by paparazzi (along with Naomi Campbell too) while Grace Coddington (the true creative maven at Vogue) wasn't bothered by anyone at all. Also, I will never forget the fierce heels Bryanboy was waltzing around in, which were many inches taller than my own. So it's sad to see that the D&G line (their younger counterpart to Dolce and Gabbana) sent their final models down the catwalk the month. I must admit though, their line this season was a celebration of the exuberance of Southern Italy, something that I will always cherish from my time spent there. File as out with a bang.


[Images via: Style.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...