July 4th may be a time when Americans celebrate by shooting off tons of fireworks and eating mass amounts of burgers, and for most of my friends this day won't be much different than that. Regardless of how you'll be celebrating today, I hope that everyone has a chance to get together with great friends or family, argue about politics and enjoy some things that are quintessentially American. Keep reading after the jump to see the whole party breakdown, and file this one under celebrate.
- The party: Independence Day Barn Barbecue
- The invite: Create buttons for invites to show your patriotism
- The place: A old barn in a field somewhere, with horses preferably
- The table: Rustic linen covered tables with fold up chairs set up for the best view in the house decorated with stars and stripes, naturally
- The food: All-American menu including a starter of fresh cherries and punch, burgers (of course) with Coca-Cola and finished off with blue velvet cake (extra points for making red velvet cake also)
- What to wear: Red, white and blue (obvi) but with a glamorous twist. Think Jackie Kennedy or anything by Michael Kors.
[Images via: Cake- Adventures in Cooking, Barn- Google, USA button- Pinterest, Barn table- Pinterest, Coke- Pinterest, Cherries- Cupcakes and Cashmere, Tablescape- Pinterest, Blake Lively- W magazine, Flowers- Martha Stewart Weddings, Burger- Pinterest]