It's Friday, thank goodness, and that means celebrating not only the end of the week, but also the beginning of the weekend! I'll be spending the next few days locked in the library finishing up final papers and job hunting while spending a little time with my dad while he's here visiting. I hope that you have a productive and fun weekend as well! And if you're feeling extra joyful, perhaps celebrate the beginning of summer with an alfresco dinner party with your closest friends. Keep reading after the jump to see the entire party breakdown and have a lovely weekend, whomever you'll be spending it with!
- The party: Alfresco summer dinner
- The invite: Hand-written on lovely paper, informal and simple
- The place: Your local park (check with them for party procedures) or in a field in the middle of nowhere
- The table: Rustic picnic tables and benches, no muss no fuss. Add some wild flowers to make it a little more colorful and hang candles and lights from the trees for when the sun goes down.
- The food: Grilled steak, corn on the cob, crusty bread and fresh veggies washed down with mason jar lemonade
- What to wear: This would be one of those parties where the attire is 'come as you are'
- Don't forget: Bring extra citronella candles to scare away bugs and blankets in case people get chilly once the sun goes down.