Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Best Dressed Oscar Night.



Some fashion choices are easily forgotten the next week, but when it comes to the Oscars, celebrities don’t get off that easily. A critically awful dress can follow an actress around well into the next year. Obviously so, the red carpet gowns these ladies choose bear enormous weight. I’m not a huge fan of worst dressed lists; to me they are dreadful because individuality in fashion is something that I believe should be celebrated, but more of that later. Here, I’ve chosen my top ten looks of Oscar night, including any other red carpets that were rolled out that same night. Keep reading after the jump for a breakdown of each look. I can’t wait to see how all these ladies try top these looks. File as glamour overload.


For dramatic precedence I’ll start with #10 and work my way up…

10. L’Wren Scott in her own design- This woman certainly knows how to play up her assets not to mention she has the best accessory of the night, The Mick Jagger.
9. Cate Blanchett in Givenchy Couture- One of my picks for the best of the couture season (see here) Cate pulls off this look brilliantly.
8. Anne Hathaway in Vintage Valentino Couture- How can you go wrong when it’s vintage, couture, made by Mr. Valentino and the man himself is your date? Enough said.
7. Jennifer Lawrence in Calvin Klein Collection- Not only was her performance in Winter’s Bone amazing but girlfriend knows how to clean up nicely. She earns the well-deserved title of knockout of the night.
6. Nicole Richie in Halston- The sexy white dress has officially replaced the black dress (note its absence) and with cutouts in strategic spots Nicole is one of the most alluring moms out there.
5. Rosaria Dawson in DVF- This one was actually my favorite look from DVF’s fall show, but didn’t make my NYFW cut because I wasn’t too enthused by the collection as a whole. But on Rosaria, it is purely fantastic.
4. Mila Kunis in Elie Saab Couture- My absolute top from the couture collections, I was ecstatic when I saw Mila wearing this creation considering she is one of my favorite actresses of the moment. Majorly sexy.
3. Rhea Durman in Naeem Khan- Even though she was just there to support her husband, Mark Wahlberg (me, so jealous) she held her own against the A-list ladies in this look from 2011 resort and proved that it’s all about being comfortable enough to tower over your man.
2. Anne Hathaway in Armani Couture- as the hostess of the night I figured she deserved two mentions on my list considering she had something like 8 costume changes throughout the night. I originally loved this dress when it sashayed down the couture runway (in red no less) but in this blue bordering on purple hue it is futuristic dressing done right.

And the Oscar goes to...
1. Emma Stone in Chanel- Fun and perfectly age appropriate, Emma is the epitome of young Hollywood dressing at its best. Chanel darling Blake Lively better watch out lest Emma steal the spotlight from her. With this fabulous dress as well as some other wins (at the BAFTAs and the Golden Globes) under her embellished belt already, Emma is on her way to become the next It girl.



[Images via: Style.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...